CT-User

[ct-user] CT keying, win/95, win/nt, RTTY for Field Day

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT keying, win/95, win/nt, RTTY for Field Day
From: Bill Bennett N7DZ <n7dz@qsl.net> (Bill Bennett N7DZ)
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 1998 17:00:16 -0700
Well the bulk of my problem was solved by switching from WIN/NT to
WIN/95. I guess keying is just not supported in NT. There are two
version of 9.37. The version that is specifically for NT version
downloadable from ctvault is called ctwin937.zip. Its readme file says
no CW keying. I can't find anything that says keying yes/no for NT on
the regular version. But I guess the answer is NO.

Can anybody say if keying will be supported for NT at some point, or
should we give up on that? I guess at least for FD98, give up.

On WIN/95 I still have erratic keying, but much less severe than on NT.
And maybe applying Sante's suggestions from the attached file a couple
posts previously will help. I haven't looked through it carefully to see
if anything is likely to address that issue.

Also, I've decided to use separate computers on FD to run CT and to run
the RTTY/TNC software. I think the window switching would be too much
work to get good human performance.

Bill N7DZ