CT-User

[ct-user] WinIntel vrs Linux for CT

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] WinIntel vrs Linux for CT
From: Stan Staten <w3ink@erols.com> (Stan Staten)
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 16:42:52 -0500
I use 9.xx under Win95 in a simple DOS window.  On the CW contest I had to
stop the packet BBS that I run to get good timeing on the CW that CT sent,
but otherwise it runs just fine now in a Win95 DOS Window.  I am just now
setting up to use the computer's sound card and a couple of *.wav files I
recorded to do the calling for this weekends WPX phone contest.  Look
forward to at least hooks into windows to do this more automatically and
particualy out of CT.

73 Stan W3INK

(I am a newbie to contesting so please excuse my Faupaux, etc., and help
and encourage me where you can.)

At 12:40 PM 3/22/98 -0700, you wrote:
>At 10:02 03/20/1998 -0500, you wrote:
>>My concern with CT being ported to windows is that the "old" versions
>>that work under DOS will cease to be upgraded and supported.  I
>>currently have 2 386 machines, and 1 486 machine in the shack.  The two
>>386 machines were aquired especially for running CT and RTTY contest
>>software.  I'm not planning to upgrade those machines to pentiums just
>>so I can run CT.
>>

>I certainly hope the writer/creator of CT doesn't base his updates on users
>of 4-5 year old technology.  I have a 386 machine that still runs CT7.  Do
>I want a windows version??? You bet.  Bring it out!
>

>>I just hope that the dos verisons of the software don't die out too
>>soon.
>>
>>Al, KE1FO
>>

>>--
>>Submissions:              ct-user@contesting.com
>>Administrative requests:  ct-user-REQUEST@contesting.com
>>WWW:                      http://www.contesting.com/ct/
>>Questions:                owner-ct-user@contesting.com
>>

>                  C. Dean Norris, K7NO
>               e-mail to dnorris@k7no.com
>Proud charter member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy!
>
>--
>Submissions:              ct-user@contesting.com
>Administrative requests:  ct-user-REQUEST@contesting.com
>WWW:                      http://www.contesting.com/ct/