CT-User

[ct-user] COM 3 & 4 config

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] COM 3 & 4 config
From: Hank Kohl K8DD <k8dd@contesting.com> (Hank Kohl K8DD)
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 1997 18:37:26 -0400
>The IRQ's you use depend on what other hardware is present.  COM1 and 2
use
>IRQ's 4 and 3.  You want a board that will be able to use 9, 10, 15,
etc.  The
>basic
>rule is that you need a unique IRQ for every device in the system.

not totally true.  the "reccommended" serial IRQ's are
com1 4
com2 3
com3 2      cascade to 9
com4 5      lpt2
with standard i/o address's in the CT virgin 8 book.
can't find my virgin 9 book, but i'd bet it's the same.
but it is true that you could use other unused irq's.
i'd stay away from 10 - "normal" nic irq.

73     hank    k8dd

 -
 ---