CT-User

RES file description

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: RES file description
From: w5robert@blkbox.COM (Robert)
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 1995 19:47:27 -0600 (CST)
Actually, the bin file changed with different versions,
Also information in the bin file varies with contests -- hence
while a "everyday" logging program may appear to import the bin
file AOK, try it for each contest and each bin version and ooops.

I have done several RES file imports into my everyday logging program.
Simply look at the RES file and import it as ASCII and tell the
conversion program (came with your loggin program) what column is where
and how long the field is.  This way it never matters what they do to the
bin file, as long as you can make it into the RES file.
--
73 Robert  WB5CRG  w5robert@blkbox.com
(EQF if you ask)

--