CT-User

CT CW Interface...

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: CT CW Interface...
From: gswanson@arrl.org (Swanson, Glenn, KB1GW)
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 95 10:08:00 EST
Greetings,

Anyone know why the resistor (referenced below) was needed?

This is from a friend:
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

     I got the [CT] CW interface [by W1WEF] to interface with the FT-ONE by
putting about 6K of resistance in series with  the collector of the
interface transistor (in the keying line) and the transceiver. For some
reason, when you first key that transistor, it latches the transistor up
(low-resistance path between collector and emitter), but with the resistor
in place, it works fb. I used a pot to find approximate value, then soldered
a resistor inside the unit. Guess one could install a trimpot inside in case
it needs different value with different rig.
      It's possible a bigger resistor than the 1K on the transistor base
from pin 17 would also work; suspect there's just enuf voltage sitting there
to drive the transistor high once the port has been "keyed," even tho it's
dropped back to some level that's supposed to represent low. But it works
great now, so I'm happy. Did not try it with the TS-50. Interested to see if
it will key my OLD Kenwood Twins (remember them?), T-599 and R599D.

73, Glenn, KB1GW
gswanson@arrl.org

--
WWW:                      http://ve7tcp.ampr.org/Lists/ct-user.html