CT-User

request for CT feature

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: request for CT feature
From: K3NA@aol.com (K3NA@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 1995 22:56:23 -0500
received from Rol K3RA:

quoting...
From: AB88%CATCC.BITNET@VTBIT.CC.VT.EDU (Roland A. Anders (Rol))
To: K3NA@AOL.COM

Sounds like fun, except it should be "defeatable".  If someone
decides to "bless" you with his comments, it can be pretty
annoying for that large Gab screen to keep covering your screen!
It's a little different in the multi environment where you
are really a team, and also where you can talk directly to the
person.  My thoughts, anyway.  Maybe if your list of calls were
two way, i.e. to receive msgs you have to have the stn on your list.

end quote==========

   Actually, my proposal required a kind of bi-lateral agreement.  The
receipt of a Talk message would show up in your Alt-I screen ONLY if that
station's callsign was in the "correspondents list".  The test is "a Talk
message arrived... who is it from? ... is it a correspondent?  yes, then pop
up the Alt-I screen; no, do the current implementation."

   Thanks for helping making this aspect clearer, Rol.

-- Eric K3NA

k3na@aol.com

--
Submissions:              ct-user@eng.pko.dec.com