Re: [CQ-Contest] Acking Sprint QSO's

To: CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Acking Sprint QSO's
From: Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2024 12:13:04 -0500
Steve we have a lot of "dit dit" discussion in nccc-blue, the Thursday
night NCCC NS Sprint reflector. It would be great for you to join us there
and on Thursday nights!

Specific to  the 4-hour event Saturday night:

I waited and did at least a "dit dit" after each successful Q, and even did
"TU TU TU" if conditions were truly marginal. I know several hardcore guys
QSY'ed as soon as they got my number (maybe they sent the dit dit when I
started my name then QSY'd).

To everyone's credit.... I started sending NR NR NR NR if I missed a guys
number before he completed his transmission, and each and every time I got
a repeat of his number while others stood by. That in itself felt like a
triumph of technique over QRM and impatient ops.

Tim N3QE