Re: [CQ-Contest] Termination of the RTTY NS (RTTY NCCC Sprint) half hour

To: Ed Radlo <eddrad@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Termination of the RTTY NS (RTTY NCCC Sprint) half hour Thursday night contest.
From: Barry Jacobson <bdj@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2023 19:55:44 -0500
Hi Ed, sorry to hear about this. I had been meaning to try it, but RTTY is
a tough mode to configure and confirm it is working. To switch the rig over
and get the software and hardware working properly takes some time. And to
do it for just a half hour seemed like a an awful lot of effort. In
addition, I am not good with sprints and the jumping around in frequency
and different exchanges for each half of couplet can get very flustering.
RTTY is one of my favorite modes and wish there were more RTTY contests,
but I have to get psyched up to go through the setup effort, as I get a
mental block thinking about it. So somehow never tried this one out.

Really sorry but hope for more opportunities in future.

Barry WA2VIU

--
Barry Jacobson
WA2VIU