Re: [CQ-Contest] World Wide Award 2024 invitation ! January 2024.

To: IK1HJS <ik1hjs@gmail.com>, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] World Wide Award 2024 invitation ! January 2024.
From: Randy Thompson <k5zd@outlook.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 22:07:28 +0000
I participated in this event in January 2023 as the leader of activator N1W.
It started slow, but by the middle to end of January there were some crazy
pileups due to having so many chasers trying to get every band mode. It was not
unusual to hear activator stations listening up to handle the pileups.

The hamaward real-time scoreboard was easy for real-time logging and providing
the chasers with real-time updates on their score and ranking.

Definitely one of the most fun things I have done in ham radio.  Like a
DXpedition without leaving home.

Randy K5ZD