Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL SS CW HMO records 1996-2022

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL SS CW HMO records 1996-2022
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 15:40:25 -0700
On 9/29/2023 7:02 AM, Tim Shoppa wrote:
An HMO in Sweepstakes, starts the contest over
from scratch at a new station using a new callsign to get more action over
the entire contest period. The most aggressive HMO entries use 3 or 4
different stations and callsigns during the contest period.

It's my understanding that Rusty, W6OAT, was the inventor of the strategy, long before I joined NCCC in 2006. Note that the rules also require a different transmitter for each callsign.

I've done a lot more HMOs than those listed here, exchanging calls and stations with N3ZZ, W6DRX, and N6RZ (SK), and also used N6IJ 2-3 times as my second station, but I've never done more that two in any given weekend. I've most often started at my own station, moved to the second station early on Sunday morning. About a third of the time I was able to sweep from both.

73, Jim K9YC