Re: [CQ-Contest] RFI-proof USB Hubs?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RFI-proof USB Hubs?
From: Steve Dyer W1SRD via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2023 09:47:53 -0700
I have two of the metal case Startech ST7300U3M hubs and they work very well.  Also accept 12V in to power USB devices. Startech position these as "industrial" models. They do seem well made and have caused no issues. I run full power from antennas 100' away.
$70 on Amazon.
73,
Steve
W1SRD
In article <041101d9bcf3$20e28050$62a780f0$@gmail.com>,
        <dbmcalpine73@gmail.com> wrote,
        on "Sat, 22 Jul 2023 19:20:39 -0400";

As the number of USB ports I need increases, so does the size of the USB
hub.  As the USB hub increases, so does the RFI.  I have snap-on cores on
all cables into the USB hub, but it doesn't seem to matter.  Anyone got
suggestions for a good reliable bullet proof USB hub, preferably 8 ports,
Vs. 3.0?
My USB hub had similar issue, and I started to use StarTech ST1030USBM since
then.  I have never experienced RFI through USB hub since then.