Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC Competitor loggers 2014, 2018, 2022

To: Pavel Perchine <pnihsrep@gmail.com>, CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC Competitor loggers 2014, 2018, 2022
From: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2023 21:52:32 -0500
N1MM+ vs DXLog,

I have been using N1MM+ for longer than I can remember, And for DZC it is still the primary logger for the club. BUT..... DXLog, is very similar. So far it seems to be capable of doing anything that N1MM+ Can do.
Some DZC Members Like it Better than N1MM+

Just like N1MM+, DXLog has the ability to have the user make a contest if one already does not exist. NICE!!! Operation of DXLog is very very similar to Operations in N1MM+, "ESM" Keyboard Commands, There are a few small differences, But the end result is still very much the same.  Just a different learning curve.

And DXLog can do a few things that N1MM+ Can not do, Or at least I haven't learned how to make N1MM+ Do.

One thing DXLog CAN fully do that N1MM+ has yet to be fully capable of doing is a new contest that starts this weekend!

MAIDENHEAD MAYHEM, a NEW CONTEST with PRIZES, starts at 00:00Z Saturday July 22, 2023 (7PM CDT Friday).
Over $1,800.00 in PRIZES!  Actual prizes not just certificates.

Maidenhead Mayhem is based on 40 years of ideas from hams sharing what they like and don’t like in a contest.  One common complaint was that they have other commitments on weekends.  The Mayhem lasts for a full week, similar to the former ARRL Novice Roundup.

Total operating time is 24 hours. Stations can be worked once per band and per mode; PH, CW, and DG.  Multipliers are the Maidenhead Grids Squares; EN, FM, IO, etc.  Only 2 digits are needed but you can enter the full 4 digits if you wish.

QSO's are worth 1, 2, or 3 points, depending on difficulty. Contacts close and far are worth more than the easy ones.  Scoring is complicated but the logger does all the work for you.  You just need to make contacts and let the scoring
be the task of the Logger.

You can find the loggers here: https://w9et.com/loggers.html

Over 1100 people have downloaded the special loggers so far.
Check out the Maidenhead Mayhem.

The full rules and explanations are here: https://w9et.com/home.html
We hope to hear ya on the bands!

Joe WB9SBD