Re: [CQ-Contest] FTDX10 and FTDX101MP vs. FT1000MP

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] FTDX10 and FTDX101MP vs. FT1000MP
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 12:20:23 -0800
On 11/30/2022 7:17 AM, john@kk9a.com wrote:
I am also wondering what transceiver contesters are buying now that the
Elecraft K3/K3S is a silent key.

Last I heard, top contester N6TV was pretty happy with his K4. Another top contester, neighbor K6XX, whose K3s were destroyed in the wildfire that took his entire home, told me he's starting to appreciate his newly acquired K4. And I'm pretty happy with mine, that showed up about three weeks ago. There are three versions, of which I have the middle one, the K4D. The third, required for two transmitters on the same band, has not yet shipped. Lead time is 4-6 months. I paid $6.5K.

Several years ago, N0AX, another serious contester, told me he was happy with his TS590. Of the JA rigs, the Kenwoods are the only ones I've really liked. They've also been the cleanest TX in ARRL tests, and the Yaesu's have been dead last. On the air, I've observed Yaesu rigs with really bad splatter, that W4TV has tracked down to non-adjustable signal processing.

73, Jim K9YC