Re: [CQ-Contest] new hamshack computer

To: "af5cc@fidmail.com" <af5cc@fidmail.com>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] new hamshack computer
From: Gerry Hull <vy1aaa@vy1ja.ca>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 17:16:51 -0500
Always go for more RAM if you can.  It's a cheap investment.
I have 8th or 9th generation I5 and I7 processors, and with all the stuff I
do, I see little differences between them.

The killer for great performance is an SSD.   I use only Samsung SSDs,
because then you can optimize with Samsung Magician.
I get amazing performance that way.   Windows 10 Pro boots in about 3-5
seconds, and running huge apps like Adobe Photoshop takes
just a little more than that.

SSDs are dirt cheap these days.

73,

Gerry W1VE