Re: [CQ-Contest] solar power

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] solar power
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2022 11:43:57 -0700
On 3/15/2022 10:12 AM, Courtney Judd wrote:
I have heard all sorts of opinions on a lot of noise generated from these systems.

Statements of noise generated by some systems are FACTS, not opinions. Many (most?) solar systems DO generate a lot of RF noise. Most sellers and installers have no clue about good engineering practice to prevent RF noise.

I recently got quotes on two systems from a local solar contractor for a battery backup system, who, when informed that RF noise would be critical, told me that they would install the system for the quoted price, and if it produced noise, I could advise them on how to fix it, and they would bill me for time and materials.

Needless to say, the conversation ended there.

There ARE quiet solar systems, but you've got to do a lot of research to find them.

73, Jim K9YC