[CQ-Contest] California QSO Party in 10 Days

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] California QSO Party in 10 Days
From: Dean Wood <cqden6de@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 07:18:06 -0700
Hi cq-contest list members,

Here are some resources that I hope will help all cq-contest participants
in the California QSO Party:

2021 California QSO Party
1600Z October 2 - 2200Z October 3, 2021
https://cqp.org

1. Operator's Guide to the California QSO Party
https://cqp.org/Strategy.html
* Separate operating guides for CA and non-CA operators.  Over 25 pages
each.  New for 2021.
* Strategy page is chock-full of data to help you plan your CQP effort this
year.

2. CQP Audio & Video
https://cqp.org/av.html
* Listen to CW audio clips from CQP 2020.
* Watch a short video showing SSB QSOs being logged into N1MM+ logger from
CQP 2020.
* You might hear yourself in these clips!  Get into the groove for CQP 2021.

3. CA County Sweep is Possible
https://cqp.org/tracker.html
* All 58 CA counties will be active in CQP.
* Review our detailed county activation spreadsheet and county summary
color coded display by mode.
* Review mobile route maps and schedules.
* Updates made daily to this page until CQP.

4. Strong QSO totals possible outside of CA.
* In the 2020 California QSO Party:
376 stations outside of CA made at least 100 QSOs (after log checking)
111 stations outside of CA made at least 250 QSOs (after log checking)
28 stations outside of CA made at least 500 QSOs (after log checking).

5.  Awards
https://cqp.org/Awards.html
* 40 bottles of wine.
* 51 plaques.  Do you operate only CW or only SSB?  There are new plaques
this year for you.
* Certificates
* T-shirts

6. New Club Competition rules
https://cqp.org/Clubcomp.html
* 10 club gavels: 5 for CA clubs and 5 for non-CA clubs.
* Encourage your club to participate.

73...
-Dean - N6DE
CQP 2021 Chairman