Re: [CQ-Contest] 419A Bandpass Filter - Value?

To: john@kk9a.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 419A Bandpass Filter - Value?
From: Mark n2qt <n2qt.va@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2021 13:29:00 -0500
Replacing the micas with Cornell Dubilier CDV style micas helps as those parts
have better specs for RF.  I ran rtty contests at 100 watts with no subsequent
failures.
(My problem was always on 15)

One advantage of the ICE is that its wider response includes the upper part of
the voice
band especially on 80 which my DS600 starts to attenuate.

That said the ds600 is superior for response which may be more of an issue when
hp contesting than in my LP operations.

Mark. N2QT