Re: [CQ-Contest] PSE COPY

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] PSE COPY
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2021 19:18:05 -0500
I wonder how the RTTY operating practice of sending the report when calling
a station started? I have only heard U.S. stations doing this and it was
confusing the first time I heard it. You're correct about it starting a year
or so ago, are FTx QSOs made this way?

John KK9A

Jim Brown K9YC wrote:

Yes. But one very bad habit we need to nip in the bud is those who make
their initial call with their complete exchange, covering up other callers.
I first encountered it perhaps a year or so ago. I refuse to work them, and
have a macro for "only send your call." We need to track down the source of
the software/sample macro files that are programmed to do this.

73, Jim K9YC (was KU6W this weekend)