Re: [CQ-Contest] [FlexRadioSmartSDR] Using a Flex 6500 Radio in a contes

To: FlexRadioSmartSDR@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] [FlexRadioSmartSDR] Using a Flex 6500 Radio in a contest
From: Larry Loen <lwloen@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2021 00:48:30 -0700
Not with the standard Flex software.

I have been asking for Flex Slice A and Slice B -- only -- to be treated as
most rigs treat VFO A and B, including the VFO A->B, Swap A and B, VFO B->A
functions for years now.  I don't care about other slices for what I call
"VFO emulation" and including them complicates things.  Just A and B please.

I think the whole VFO emulation is baseline function for DXers and
contesters and have said so.  For years.

I have given up asking.  It is closing in on ten years from when I first
asked for it.

They are too in love with slices and not enough in love with basic,
expected functionality.

Larry WO7R