Re: [CQ-Contest] Your data on CW transmit bandwidth

To: Scott Wright <scottwrightmd@me.com>, cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Your data on CW transmit bandwidth
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2020 19:28:57 -0800
That's a huge project you're asking for, Scott! I spent months on the one that's published! OTOH, the spectrum plots from ARRL Labs certainly provide the cues to which rigs have greater occupied spectrum. My work simply took all the raw data and plotted it so that rigs could be more precisely compared. So download the ARRL Lab reports and carefully study the keying spectrum for each. Enlarge and print them, and carefully measure bandwidth with a precision ruler with small calibrations, like an architect's scale. That's what I did before I got ARRL's raw data in electronic form.

73, Jim K9YC