Re: [CQ-Contest] Distributed Contesting

To: jimk8mr@aol.com, "pokane@ei5di.com" <pokane@ei5di.com>, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Distributed Contesting
From: ku8e <ku8e@ku8e.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2020 12:19:09 -0400
The difference is $$$. It costs about the same as a Dxpedition to the Caribbean
to rent a pay for use station for a 48 hour contest. It's definitely not within
the budget of many contesters. Of course you could always build your own remote
station for your personal use that's at the same level as those rent a contest
stations.JeffSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: K8MR via CQ-Contest
<cq-contest@contesting.com> Date: 10/6/20  12:08 PM  (GMT-05:00) To:
pokane@ei5di.com, cq-contest@contesting.com Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest]
Distributed Contesting All remotes are not the same. There's a huge difference
between a rent-a-superstation in Maine remote vs. a guy who lives in a condo or
deed restricted community who puts up his own remote station. AD8J in
Asheville, NC, comes to mind. And are not the remotes in Maine all competing
against each other, and not against ordinary stations back in Ohio or
California or wherever?73  -  Jim   K8MR-----Original Message-----From: Paul
O'Kane <pokane@ei5di.com>To: cq-contest@contesting.comSent: Tue, Oct 6, 2020
4:46 amSubject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Distributed ContestingThe advantage lies in
having remote capability.  If this occasionally seems unfair, then having a
separate category for remotes could make it fairer. >  Why can't the WWROF take
a leadership role in making recommendations to >  overhaul the category
structure used by the hundreds of smaller contest >  sponsors (and the few
larger ones)?K5ZD, a Director of WWROF, said earlier in this thread - "I don't
think this is something that WWROF can assist with."73,Paul