Re: [CQ-Contest] Doctor DX clone?

To: James Cain <jamesdavidcain@gmail.com>, CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Doctor DX clone?
From: Jim McDonald <jim@n7us.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2020 20:14:10 +0000
I saw a prototype of it, before it was commercialized, at the ARRL Southwestern
Division Convention in Scottsdale, AZ in about 1982, I think.  The developer
was an N7 1X2.  It was in a box that simulated a radio and had a short length
of coax that appeared to run out a window but didn't.

I think visiting ARRL dignitaries who played with it included K1ZZ and W2HD.
It was popular and fun for everyone, as they were scratching their heads trying
to figure out what contest was on.

Jim N7US