Re: [CQ-Contest] MINI-VISALIA, SAVE THE DATE

To: cq-contest@contesting.com, NCCC <NCCC@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] MINI-VISALIA, SAVE THE DATE
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2020 17:40:21 -0700
Hi Jim and Dick,

As much as I enjoy the hang-out time at ham events, I and most of my friends are in the high risk group for the virus. Rachelle and I haven't been in a public place since the first week of March (although we do get out to walk several times a week in places where we can maintain social distance, and to pick up farm boxes).

I strongly support the recently announced decision by K6MM and KE1B to make the 2021 IDXCC an online Zoom event. NCCC has held four Zoom meetings beginning around March; the programs have been excellent and they have been quite popular. The first was online and in person, the others online only. Average attendance for the last three has been more than 75; rag chews start an hour before the meeting, and last for a couple of hours afterward.

73, Jim K9YC