Re: [CQ-Contest] 40m to 20m interference

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 40m to 20m interference
From: john@kk9a.com
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2020 06:16:58 -0600
You're not asking too much. One of my homebrew 20m beams has a 40m OptiBeam interlaced on the same boom and at 100 watts there is no 20m interference at all except right on the harmonic. Make sure that you are using quality coax, good chokes at the antennas and perhaps try better bandpass filters or converting your verticals to monoband verticals.

GL,
John KK9A

William Hendrick N0AC wrote:

I have a lot of interference on 20m when TXing on 40m even with BPF on each K3 running 100w. A 23' shorted stub at the 40m rig doesn't seem to help. Both antennas are Butternut verticals about 150' apart. Am I asking too much for the filters with the same antenna polarization and spacing?

Bill, N0AC