Re: [CQ-Contest] World Wide Digi DX Contest Results.

To: David <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>, cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] World Wide Digi DX Contest Results.
From: cosson-dimitri <cosson-dimitri@bbox.fr>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2020 17:20:59 +0100
Hello David,

<<<<
RTTY absolutely has a maximum rate for how many contacts you can make in
an hour.  It might be faster than FT8 (which I think is not viable for
contesting either) , but I'm not sure it's appreciably faster than FT4
if the activity level was the same and we had a comparable user
interface for FT4.  Please explain how I am wrong on any of that.

It's simple, a "normal" RTTY cycle in contest is 3-4 secondes. FT4 is 7.5. So
think what you want but these are the facts... Just show us your contest rate
(whatever the mode used). Criticizing an UI is one thing but as a friend (top
contester) says "the problem is usually between the chair and the
transceiver"....

73 de Dimitri F4DSK