[CQ-Contest] Slower-speed CWTs this week

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Slower-speed CWTs this week
From: Richard Ferch <ve3iay@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2019 20:06:11 -0500
For those of you who would like to participate in one of more of this
week's CWT mini-tests but who are not members of the cwops group at
groups.io, here is a reminder that this week's CWTs are special slow-speed
sessions to welcome new graduates from the latest CW Academy classes (<
https://cwops.org/cw-academy/>). Please keep your CW speed to 20 wpm or
slower this week. We expect to have some contest newbies on, and we would
like them to feel welcome rather than scaring them off by a macho
demonstration of CW prowess - please save that for next week. CW Academy
teachers and students may be sending CWA in place of the usual membership
number or S/P/C in the exchange, and that some of the CWops special club
call signs (KN8CWO, W9CWO and possibly others) will be on the air in this
week's CWTs.

The CWTs are one-hour sessions held three times a week, at 1300-1400Z,
1900-2000Z and 0300-0400Z every Wednesday (the 0300Z session is on Thursday
UTC time). The exchange is name and CWops membership number (name and
state/province/country code for non-members). For more details see <
https://cwops.org/cwops-tests/>. Whether you have tried these before or
not, if you are able, join in the fun. There is no log-checking or log
submission, but you are encouraged to submit your claimed score at
3830scores.com.

Next week we will be back to regular CW contesting speeds, but this week
please keep the speed knob dialed back to 20 wpm. Thank you.

73,
Rich VE3KI
CWT Manager