Re: [CQ-Contest] FT4 *is* a contesting mode. Was: WSJT-X 2.1.0-rc6

To: Peter Sundberg <sm2cew@telia.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] FT4 *is* a contesting mode. Was: WSJT-X 2.1.0-rc6
From: John Geiger <af5cc2@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2019 10:50:17 -0500
We already had this problem in the 2018 JUNE VHF contest.  Awesome 6 meter
openings for most of the contest, but everyone sat on 50.313 using FT8.
The QRM was so bad that making contacts was slow going.  Think I finished
with 40 grids or something like that.  Given the size and length of the
openings, I could have easily worked 100 grids on SSB and CW.

And people complain about making QSOs on the calling frequency.

73 John W5TD