Re: [CQ-Contest] Sending 'test'

To: "'Chris Tran GM3WOJ'" <gm3woj@christran.net>, "'cq-contest-request@contesting.com'" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Sending 'test'
From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2018 17:35:05 -0500
Well Chris, yes, there are some who would have a CW ragchew even in the midst
of the CQWW contest.

For that matter, scratch "CW".  It can and will happen in any mode in any
contest.

Why?  (The left fielder)

Some are simply stubborn and will stick to the schedule, contest or no contest.
Some simply pay no attention to the contest and will operate as they choose
even in the midst of the contest.  (Not that there's anything wrong with that)
And some are looking to provoke contesters, just so that they can play martyr.

I'm sure there's another hundred possibilities out there as well, these are the
first ones that come to mind.

So while it may seem to us, in the midst of "battle", that sending "CQ TEST" is
redundant... it's not.

73, ron w3wn