[CQ-Contest] CM-500 headset

To: CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] CM-500 headset
From: Art Boyars <artboyars@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2018 19:57:34 -0500
K9YC: " Almost ten years ago, W6XU, an NCCC member  who also works in pro
audio, introduced us to the Yamaha CM500 boom mic headset...."

Jim (and anybody else),

A few years ago, based on recommendations on CQ-Contest, I was about to buy
a CM500 (What a value!!).  Then somebody mentioned that the CM500 was not
good at blocking external sound.  Since my very loud (audio) furnace/A-C is
about eight feet from my station, I decided that the CM500 would not work
for me.

Do you have any experience or other info about the CM500's effectiveness in
blocking external sound?

73, Art K3KU