[CQ-Contest] New "Assisted" categories in 7QP

To: "reflector cq-contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] New "Assisted" categories in 7QP
From: "Dave Hachadorian" <k6ll.dave@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2017 15:40:10 -0700
The 7QP sponsors have added “Assisted” categories for this year’s event.  Here
are the rules:
http://ws7n.net/7qp/new/Page.asp?content=rules

This rule change has the potential to make the contest more exciting for both
in-state and out-of-state participants, by making productive use of more bands
and modes.  Skimmers and humans will be posting on CW and RTTY, and humans will
be posting on SSB.

I think even non-assisted participants are allowed to POST spots, as long as
they don’t USE any incoming spots.  If you are using N1MM Logger, you can go to
N1MM/config/”Spot All S&P QSO’s.”  This selection will spot QSO’s automatically.

I’ll be trying some unusual bands and modes in the contest, even RTTY, to see
what happens.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL (op at K7L)
Yuma, Arizona (AZYMA)