Re: [CQ-Contest] Self-spotting explanation from CQWW blog

To: "ve4xt@mymts.net" <ve4xt@mymts.net>, Ed K1EP <k1ep.list@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Self-spotting explanation from CQWW blog
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 09:02:51 -0600
T48K

How do you know what evidence CQ has? Bob has mentioned a couple of items. You are debating the case based on the limited information presented here.

I love a great conspiracy but I would really like to understand why people believe the these 3 people have grudges or an agenda against certain people. What exactly have I missed? Please educate us so we are all on the same page.

Out of band

I do not agree with the lenient penalty applied to this conduct. I have been pretty vocal about it. How many people changed their logs to indicate that they were actually operating on a different frequency? Would that be cheating? Covering up a violation with falsified log info? I wonder if the DX ham lost any qso's due to NILs from people fixing their log after the contest?

W0MU