[CQ-Contest] CQWW - considerations on the truths that are revealed

To: CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQWW - considerations on the truths that are revealed
From: Jeffrey Clarke <ku8e@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 23:33:07 +0000 (UTC)
*Amazing !!! … in 37 years only 4 stations USA disqualified from the contest
!!!**Here definitely better right ?? ... I would say this ridiculous ... only 8
stations disqualified in the last 37 years.*
Come on Alessandro ! There isn't any kind of conspiracy going on like you're
implying. Much of it has to do with the difference in the contesting culture
between the USA and Europe. I can tell you 99.9999 % of the contesters in the
USA don't cheat in any way. I have lots of well known contesting friends in
Europe and they tell me cheating is rampant. Especially running over 1.5 KW.
My guess that most of the USA contest calls you listed either broke the 10
minute rule if they were multi-op or claimed non-assisted when they were
assisted. I've never heard of a USA station that has been caught padding their
log with fake QSO's
Jeff