[CQ-Contest] CQWW 2016 SSB logs now public.

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQWW 2016 SSB logs now public.
From: DXer <hfdxmonitor@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2017 16:04:17 -0500
Hi Contesters,

In case you find the conversation a bit disjointed, the reason is that my message to the list, now posted, also went to Hans,K0HB, and to Doug, KR2Q. Each list I follow is set differently, some reply to the list, others to the sender, and others to both sender and list. I don't remember what I 'clicked' in this case.

I'm not a contest competitor, more like a participant. Some will therefore be entitled to ask: "what do you care, then?", fair enough, I guess.

After this intro, let me say that Doug, KR2Q, contacted me in private. I appreciated very much him taking the time to do it. He is a gentleman, and I thank him for his attention. I also thanked him for what amounts, most of the time, to a thankless job (Contest Manager).

He wrote about what he had in mind when he posted the announcement. They were all valid and correct, of course.

Having been given all this consideration, I don't want to say anything more about this particular stage of the CQWW (publication of logs).

I want to say that I support clean sports. I support the logs being made public. I support the healthy curiosity of checking another competitor's log. I support letting the Contest Manager know about anything that doesn't 'compute'.

Unfortunately, there is also a 'vigilante' mindset out there. I would rather not have that mindset legitimized.

Thanks and 73.

Vince, VA3VF