[CQ-Contest] trying to understand

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] trying to understand
From: Wes Jennings <wjennings2011@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2016 04:33:52 +0000
I have been reading these posts for a while now and wondering why I continually
see a trend of I can't win so ya need to change the rules so I can. First off
there is no such thing as Can't secondly what kind of a win is it if you have
to change the rules to do such. If you just want a plaque go down and buy one
the local shops will be more then willing to make you one up saying what ever
ya wish it to.

Sounds to me like it is not so much promoting the contesting but rather showing
the backsides and competitors that are sore they don't have the wherewithal to
actually compete. Now ya wana get youngsters in this well quit trying to
compete with video games and just get out and invite them in to the shack for
some of the contests and have them help from the get go. It is not anywhere
close to a video game so comparing the two as said earlier is like comparing a
apple to a orange .. not gona happen.

Now I am in one of them places, competing in a class that I have less of a
chance of winning then most that are reading this. I Spend the hours in the
chair in front of a radio to make myself competitive. It is called strategy and
decision making. Am I good at it .. naa I just put the seat time in as I could
always be better. Guess what I will get better I will do better and I will at
some point win a contest in North America at least. Do I wish for there to be
more overlays or what not NO and that is a resounding NO let there be less of
them so when I do it will mean that much more to me. This is a mindset that is
productive and not destructive!!!

Wes

WL7F