Re: [CQ-Contest] Stew Perry no packet

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Stew Perry no packet
From: Shelby Summerville <k4ww@twc.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 8:10:25 -0500
W0MU wrote: "I am glad that someone found me and wanted to work me."

My sentiments, exactly. In 160 meter contests, I rely on the receiving ability
of other stations, as I don't have the room for efficient receive antenna(s).
Please don't inundate me with comments about what you use, or what I should
use, given my restricted space. I've heard most, and am planning an upgrade,
that will fit my restricted space.
My son, now 44, was licensed in 1982, at the age of 10. He seemed, at that time
to have a "genuine" interest in Amateur Radio, especially Radiosport. In 1983
he entered the Novice Roundup. Won KY section, and if I recall correctly,
finished in the Top Ten. He managed to WAS, and with my help, dollar wise and
other wise, sent SASE to a station from each State, he worked. The return was
less than 50%? He wondered aloud: "why won't they send me their card"? I had no
answer. His interest soon disappeared. I have kept his license renewed, in case
the interest ever returns. He is probably one of a very few Novice licenses? It
bothers me to think that the inconsideration of a few, was one of the causes of
his disappearing interest. He has a family, a career in Law Enforcement, and
his life is good. My life is far more than "good", and I attribute a lot of
that to several very understanding people, in my life. Seldom, if ever, am I
"in it to win it", but in it for the fun. I hope my
 interest in Radiosport never ends. I never, ever had any interest in video
games, so my need for instant gratification is non-existent. I can spend
whatever time I choose in Radiosport, and as long as I had fun, it was time
well spent.
Thanks to all, that apply, for all the contacts over the years

Happy Holidays

C'ya, Shelby

As I don't have an iPhone, nor an iPad, sent from my PC