[CQ-Contest] plaque help

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] plaque help
From: Larry via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2016 17:52:36 -0400
While it's true that some operate the CQ WW for fun knowing they never will
have a chance to win I believe that most contestants are trying for the coveted
plaque. Long time contestants from the west coast USA had a chance some years
ago due to the large activity from Japan. For various reasons the activity from
JA has diminished and so went our chances to level the playing field.

With this in mind I propose that contesters sponsor plaques for each of the
Japan areas. They cost only $55 ( last checked). Come on guys, have your club
or lunch group pitch in! Maybe some Japan clubs will do the same.

I am most willing to sponsor one. If you are at all interested please email me
off the reflector and I will try and coordinate the efforts. Let's promote
activity from Japan, recognise their efforts and bring their numbers back.

Thanks,
Larry
N7DD