Re: [CQ-Contest] Why SuperCheckPartial makes you assisted

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Why SuperCheckPartial makes you assisted
From: Paul O'Kane <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 09:41:33 +0000
On 24/11/2015 02:47, Radio K0HB wrote:

I respectfully have a different standard, Paul.

In the context of radio sport, "technology" is not assistance.

"Outside sourced information" is assistance.

SCP is based on MASTER.DTA, a reference file representing
"outside sourced assistance" from contest logs, and
gathered prior to the contest.

CTY.DAT is another reference file, representing outside
sourced assistance, gathered prior to the contest. We ALL
use it, even if we don't realise it, in our logging software.
It assists us with the identification of full and partial
calls, prefixes, multipliers, beam headings, and with
automatic pre-fill of CQ and ITU zones.

http://www.country-files.com

How, precisely, does SCP assistance differ, in principle,
from CTY.DAT assistance?

73,
Paul EI5DI