[CQ-Contest] Who is this guy, really?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Who is this guy, really?
From: <w2lc@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2015 2:58:37 +0000
“Hal, W1NN, will operate [VY1AAA] SOHP in November SS via remote from his home
in Ohio"

If I work Hal in SS CW this weekend, I will not even for an instant think that
I worked someone in NT
I will know that I simply worked Hal W1NN in Ohio . . . via an internet
connection to a station in NT

but I didn’t talk to someone in NT nothing there but the electronics (and J, Hi
J), Hal's in Ohio
If the rules count that, it’s fine with me. I'm not trying to knock the effort

The rules could just as easily say, your section is the location of the
operator not the equipment. From my point of view you don't work the equipment
you work the person. Or do you? :)

73 Scott W2LC