[CQ-Contest] CQP 50 Anniversary

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQP 50 Anniversary
From: rob <wa1fcn@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 09:30:27 -0500

    GM
        I would like to express thanks to the many who E-mailed help
on my research of CQP # 1. ( Cal. Qso Party year number 1 in 1966 ).
        I have always had a fondness for CQP and wondered who from
CQP # 1 might still be operating besides myself. I first thought it might be only a few. Surprise at this point I have found 14 still at it. Though
        some not very active. Naturally I could of missed some, and most
        likely did. Two  of the original calls  have  been re-issued.

So all CQP fans keep an ear out for some of the originals that plan be part
        of CQP 50.

                Don W1DWA  Jim W8BZY    Tom K7UOT
Gil WA5NOM will try to get on BoB WA1FCN ( N. H. in 1966 )
                Chris NN6CH/WB6EUZ   Dan WA6URY
                Leigh KR6X/WB6OLD will try to get on
John N6MU/K0GJD/6 Tom K1KI/WB6KIL ( the last couple hours if he can )
                Ken K6TA/K6CQF  ( Station operated by AE6Y using call N6R )
If I have overlooked any one please let me know, after 50 years things
                do get lost .
I hope all who participate in celebrating 50 years of Cal. Qso party
            have a fun time.
                73 BoB WA1FCN