Re: [CQ-Contest] Proposed rule changes

To: "wc1m73@gmail.com" <wc1m73@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Proposed rule changes
From: <ve4xt@mymts.net>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 08:13:18 -0500
If what Dick suggests is true, that WW has become a typing contest, and it
really is the intent to prevent the correction of honest fat-finger flubs, then
that is the height of silliness?

The CQ rules are silent on what constitutes a complete QSO, as well. Unlike
ARRL, which states a complete QSO is when the calls and exchanges have been
sent, received, ack'd and logged correctly.

If we accept that definition, and in the absence of a definition by CQ, then if
you correct an honest typo, you are not correcting the log after the QSO: your
correction marks the completion of it.

Because what Dick is suggesting would make this illegal: you're running and
respond to a caller but get a letter off. He corrects but due to QSB or QRM,
you don't hear his correction until after you've hit enter and he slips in his
correct call before the next caller. But you've logged it wrongly, so you can't

Really?

Ambulance dispatcher: unit 7, suspected cardiac arrest, 738 Mrs. Robinson Way.

Ambulance: 738 Mrs. Robertson way, ack.

A minute later: was that Mrs. Robertson Way or Mrs. Robinson Way?

Ambulance dispatcher: sorry, no post QSO corrections allowed. You must proceed
to the address you wrote down.

73, Kelly
ve4xt

Sent from my iPhone