Re: [CQ-Contest] Automation = lost essential skills

To: ve4xt@mymts.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Automation = lost essential skills
From: "Radio K0HB" <kzerohb@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 16:09:29 -0800 (PST)
Kelly, the onus must be borne by the transmitting station.    The receiving
station cannot be responsible to second guess what "should" have been sent, and
cannot lose points for correctly transcribing to what was actually sent.

You, as the receiver, must be able to trust John N0IJ when he inadvertently
sends his SEC as MN in SSCW because he misloaded his f-key macros, even if you
remember from an MWA reflector that he said he was going to his WI shack for
the weekend, and the the contest sponsor must credit you with correctly copying
the exchange.

73, de Hans, K0HB