[CQ-Contest] Piling on -- SOA vs SO

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Piling on -- SOA vs SO
From: Art Boyars <artboyars@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 15:14:22 -0500
Catching up on the Reflector Archives after a couple of days.

When I saw this

      "For these contests where there is no assisted category, instead of
making
       yet another category, why not just allow single ops to use
assistance?!

      "Anyone licensed in the last 15 years has never experienced life
without the
       DX Cluster.  Perhaps it is time to accept this as it is - the new
normal.

      "Randy, K5ZD"

I had three quick thoughts:

1.  I can't believe Randy said that.  (One of the all-time great op's!)
2.  I can't believe that somebody spoofed Randy's e-mail.  (Really computer
savvy!)
3.  Am I becoming an old fogey?  (My wife says I should act as young as
possible.  Best I can do is immature.)

As I scrolled up through the responses (maybe Randy was just testing to see
if people were actually using the Reflector), I saw that most everything I
could think of has been said.

So here's one more vote: NO, NO, NO!

What next?  Other-band QSOs in SS?

73, Art K3KU