Re: [CQ-Contest] Is QSL Bureau pertinent in today HAM Radio

To: "CQ Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Is QSL Bureau pertinent in today HAM Radio
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 16:43:59 -0700
I just submitted my application for the Triple Play Award (thanks to N4ZR
for my last one) today and it cost me $17.00.  I can only imagine how much
it would of cost in sending out paper cards.  For 150 confirmations, I'd
probably have sent out 300 cards, or more.  Figuring only $0.80 per card
(w/SASE), I'd have been looking at around $240.

I don't think that eQSL counts for any major awards, does it?

LOTW is definately the way to go.  73
Tom W7WHY

Generally, all I want is a confirmation of some type that I  can use for
awards.  I think everyone should upload to both eQSL and  LoTW.  This would
solve most QSLing problems.  Contesters particularly  should QSL everything
by
eQSL and LoTW as part of the log submittal  process.