Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL Rookie Contest

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL Rookie Contest
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 12:13:04 -0600
This may very well work for this contest and it will be an interesting trial.

I'll tell you right now it won't work for Rovers in contests that have
Rovers. I was in quite a few locations in the 10 GHz contest in the
last couple years where there was no cell phone coverage, no internet
and no other liaison other than on a VHF frequency. And if I did
happen to be in a spot where there was internet access, I was more
interested in operating than in trying to establish such access.

73, Zack W9SZ