Re: [CQ-Contest] Holding a QRG: ethics vs rules

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Holding a QRG: ethics vs rules
From: hankkier@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 10:31:06 -0500
Look at the "flip" side of this. Suppose a bigger gun jumps on your run
frequency, where you have been running for an hour, and starts calling CQ and
running himself...ignoring your "freq is in use" complaint and just blowing you
away. certainly not against the rules, but most contesters would say this is
very bad operating procedure.

seems to me that any procedure which takes over a frequency to prevent others
from using it is bad operating procedure.

I also think this type of assistance from another contester makes both stations
multi-op.

Hank  KF2O