Re: [CQ-Contest] Multi-Single

To: CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Multi-Single
From: Steve <ik4wmh@virgilio.it>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 13:27:30 +0000
Hello George,

GFI> The CQ WW DX contest M/S rule is more like a M/2 type operation.
GFI> You really need to have a station that can have two signals on
GFI> the bands at the same time.  This takes much more hardware
GFI> and station design.

That's exactly what happens with the SO2R entrants, they also have
much more hardware than most of the Single Ops but still share the
same category.

If you aim to equalize the M/S category in order to give the hardware
challenged stations a fair chance to compete against the big M/S
competitors then something should be done for the SO1R/SO2R entrants
as well.

Famous Sport Quotes:

"All the fat guys watch me and say to their wives,
'See, there's a fat guy doing okay. Bring me another beer.'"
Mickey Lolich