Re: [CQ-Contest] Use of di-di-dah-dah-di-dit in CW Contest

To: Robert Chudek - K0RC <k0rc@pclink.com>, CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Use of di-di-dah-dah-di-dit in CW Contest
From: "Mike DeChristopher, K1KAA" <k1kaa@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 14:34:42 -0400
Hi Bob,
    Getting "?" doesn't bother me.  I usually do about the same (hit
F4).  If it happens too often, I re-record F1 to be sure of the
clarity.  I have no problem!  I do know it bothers others for whatever
reason.  Personally, I tend to wait, but thats just preference/habit.

de K0RC:
"On the other hand, if I'm in S&P mode and tune to a station as he is
finishing "test", if I don't hear anyone calling him, I'll drop a "?" on
freq. If he comes back with a "?", I figure he is not interested in rate
so I just tune on down the band. His loss."

Well, that depends on how much he's worth!  Might be your loss if he's a
mult and you can't wait (especially later in the test).  Something tells
me the DX won't miss another zone 4.

--

Mike DeChristopher, K1KAA
k1kaa@arrl.net