Re: [CQ-Contest] Circle Jerks

To: Hank Greeb <n8xx@arrl.org>, Dallas and Lucy <ludal@dmv.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Circle Jerks
From: Dale Putnam <daleputnam@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 17:28:20 -0600
Seems to me that one could Gerrymander about any club to win any contest. And
the result is that someone somewhere can have braggin rights to what? The truth
of the matter is quite simple.. straightforward, and very very easy to assess.
Answer one... only one, and just this one question: Why is my very own score
better or worse than last running of same contest? Analyze the answer... deep
and thoroughly. Then and only then can one actually gain anything from adding
someone elses score to an advantage. To what end? Why to improve yourself above
someone else, with no expense or cost, of course. And if it doesn't get you
better the first time, change the rules to add someone else in to make you
better anyway.
  Oh, my club is a 3500 mile circle. Everyone that enters the contest will be a
member of my club. All the scores will be added to mine. And when it is all
done, and best of all said.... the question that will be answered: Is my score
taken by itself, any better than last running of the same contest?

  Another approach would be, all the complainers or suggestion makers, move to
somewhere west of the middle of Nebraska, and hush up and contest.--...   ...--
Dale - WC7S in Wy