Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC Spot/Log Correlation

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC Spot/Log Correlation
From: steve.root@culligan4water.com
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 23:55:00 +0000
I think we should be very careful about using a mathmatical formala to
determine human behavior, especially during an activity as complex as a DX
contest. I can envision circumstances where it could look like I was a Packet
cheater when I wasn't using it. For example, I S&P up the band and unbeknownst
to me there's a big MM station tuning the same direction just ahead of me and
spotting stations left and right. It would look exactly as though I was chasing
his spots even though I was an honest Single Op station.

There are hundreds of ways to cheat, this all comes down to the honor system
anyway. I get DQ'd by some "formula" and that's the day I find something else
to do.

73 Steve K0SR