Re: [CQ-Contest] [YCCC] Packetcluster "emulator"

To: "Randy Thompson" <k5zd@charter.net>, <yccc@yccc.org>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] [YCCC] Packetcluster "emulator"
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 13:54:56 -0400
At 01:46 PM 6/11/2006, Randy Thompson wrote:

>Does anyone know of a cluster emulator or freeware cluster software that can
>run on Windows XP?  We are thinking that a solution might be to create our
>own virtual cluster on one of our PCs just for our own spotting use.

Hi Randy,

You can install DX Spider and run it without connecting to another
cluster.  And it's free!

See http://www.dxcluster.org/

You'll have to install ActiveState Perl and about 1/2 dozen Perl
packages in order to run the software.  I have had it running on
WinXP for about a year now (dxc.ad1c.us).  It can listen on a port,
and the other computer can "telnet" into that port in order to "get the spots".

I think this might be your best bet.  Do this well before the contest
to get it going.

--
USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us